Did you know?
- More people die in Ohio due to prescription drug overdoses than car crashes; 7 people every day, mainly due to prescription painkillers
- Prescription drug abuse is the second leading cause of deaths in the US
- 40% of all new Heroin users started with prescription drugs
- Every day, 2,500 youth aged 12-17 abuse a prescription pain killer for the first time
Who is the most likely to start abusing?
- People in their teens and early twenties (12-25)
- More than 25% of high school students report using a prescription drug without a prescription
- 9% of Clark County students took an over the counter drug to get high one or more times
- More than one-third of teens say they feel some pressure to abuse Rx drugs